Re: (ET) Harry's suggestion of using DC to power 115VAC devices

I've used variable speed triggers on DC with no problem. It just runs at
full speed.
It's true that the switch is more stressed with DC than AC. But if you're
worried about it and can get inside, you can put a capacitor across the
switch to solve the problem. I haven't bothered. And if it's a sliding
contact type of switch, it probably won't be a problem.

Harry