RE: (ET) ET tires and tubes...

I had a leaking rear tire. A little soap solution showed the leak was
around
the rim. I flattened the tire and pushed the bead of the tire off the rim.
Then, I scrubbed the rim and tire where they come together. This fixed the
flat. Dirt had gotten in between the tire and the rim.
I had a front tire with a slow leak. That one was actually leaking on the
rim, in the center! This one got a tube. I suppose you could pinpoint the
leak on the rim and weld it, but that sounds like too much work.
Rick Barnes