Re: (ET) Inverter

Good morning all,

It occurs to me that a person could take a mower (or larger) motor and
couple
it to an older car alternator (one with a separate regulator) and use one
of
those 120v auto conversion units that hooks up directly to the diodes and
cranks out 120v dc at a given rpm. (J.C.Whiney) One would only have to
either
control the rpm or come up with the appropriate gearing to achieve 120V as
the
voltage is rpm dependent. These units work great on a car so should be
great
on an ET.

One Caution: This is the type of unit that fried the var. speed controller
on
a brand new $180.00 Magnum Hole shooter (left it running at full speed at
least but one of these drills at instant full speed is DANGEROUS). It is
great
for running skill saws. etc. Any AC/DC universal motor device. It puts out
DC
in case I did not make that clear. Most of these devices, saws, drills,
etc.
are far more powerful on DC. I drilled an entire 2 story house for wires
running a Delta 1/2" drill off of my Dodge Van some years ago. Couldn't
wait
for the electric co to get their act together. Unfortunately all the new
alt.
have a built in reg. making the necessary connections impossible so you
have
to find an older one which is probably just as well!

Jim