(ET) battery charger controller

To the list:

Well, it seems like there might be some interest. If there is anyone who is local enough to come by with some goodies to swap, they can have the controller and/or the charger. And I can show them some of the other accessories I have made as well. If not, I can ship it. Then maybe they can report to the list how it worked out. I'm thinking that $50 would be about the price for a controller and solid state relay. But that's just a guesstimate right now. It would take a few serious orders to make it worth laying out a board and having some made. I like 38V because that is about the voltage that a fully charged 36V pack will settle to with no load. That's 2.11 V/cell. Plenty of people have recommended higher, but I like 38V. The circuit has a pot on it to set the voltage anywhere you like.

Harry Landis