(ET) Reversing Relays

>From Lee in Tennessee:

Re: Dave Barden's tractor that goes backward when it's supposed to go
forward, (or v.v.)

David Roden is 100% correct (in my opinion).  Your relay is burnt.  I
replaced several before I wised up and quit reversing direction before the
machine had stopped.

Just this - sometimes you can file the points (contacts) on the relays to
avoid replacing them.  An auto parts store should have a 'points' file.
But maybe autos don't have accessible relays anymore!  We used to use them
to file distributor points, but I don't know, do autos have distributors
anymore? I filed a lot of points on the old IBM punch-card machines.  But
of course  those aren't around anymore either.  Just me!