Re: (ET) extra keys for an e-15

Hmm; Bill at Teck Service still has original keys. I ordered a set 6 months ago and ordered a spare set for my E20 a couple years ago. Ed

From: "Darryl McMahon" <darryl econogics com>
To: elec-trak cosmos5 phy tufts edu
Subject: Re: (ET) extra keys for an e-15
Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2000 23:04:16 -0400

Tim wrote:
> I now have aquired 2 e-15 in need of a fair amount of work.  Both came
> without keys.  Larry has loaned me a key to use as a copy but, I can't
> find anyone that carrys the blank stock. Any one with parts machines with
> spare keys out there that I could buy??.  Thanks.  Tim

Tim, keep trying. A really good lock and safe place is your best bet. I found one locally last fall that had precisely the right blank. The head is round, and it
reads:
MADE IN U.S.A.
01122AR   Y14
ilco
(reverse side is blank)

This should be enough for a good locksmith to get the right blanks. Even if they
do not use ILCO blanks, they should be able to cross-reference the blanks.

Darryl McMahon          48 Tarquin Crescent,
Econogics, Inc.         Nepean, Ontario K2H 8J8
 It's your planet.      Voice: (613)784-0655
 If you won't look      Fax:   (613)828-3199
 after it, who will?    http://www.econogics.com/