(ET) To the list

To the list;
I am in the process of restoring an E12M.
So far I have the tractor running with a new set of batteries. The ammeter
works but I don?t have the voltmeter working yet. I have yet to use the
machine, as the mower deck needs quite a bit of work. I guess I have the
charger working but I really don?t know without the voltmeter.
I have a few questions to the list:

1.      What type of gearbox fluid are you people using?
2.      Has anyone decided on a spray paint that comes close to the
original?
3.      How much pad material is normal for the brakes? Is there an
alternative
brake system that works? These things seem to really suck.
4.      Has anyone correlated Fuel level readings to real voltages or
specific
gravity readings?
5.      I am in need of a link (I have no idea what they are called) that
goes
between the deck and the lift mechanism (manual lift). Does anyone have an
extra one at a reasonable price?

Thanks - Mike

KF8FG email com