Re: (ET) Mail Configuration

You can read past postings at http://www.egroups.com/group/elec-trak

Christopher M. Meier

----- Original Message -----
From: Ken Temkin
Sent: Friday, July 28, 2000 8:19 AM
Subject: (ET) Mail Configuration

I'm new to this mailing list, so perhaps this is a fault with my eMail configuration . . . but . . .

I get a large number of eMails via the Elec-Trak mailing list for which I am missing a central part of the discussion thread. In other words, I get copies of replies to eMails for which I never received the orginal. I'm finding a lot of good stuff in this discussion group and I fear I am loosing some good information.

Are members of the mailing list responding directly (privately) to the sender of an inital "public" posting and then that sender is responding "publicly," hence I never see the intermediate Mail? If so, for the benefit of newbies like me, could everyone make sure all their replies are "public" (unless there is a compeling reason otherwise).

If anyone has seen this problem before and knows of a problem with the way my eMail might be set up, please let me know.

Thanks.

Ken Temkin
Maverick Software Design
Suite 205