Re: (ET) Weak Deck Motor / Blade Spindown

The problem is not the blade/motor connection.  It's not the circuit
breaker, either.

Both of those were checked before I decided to run the ET out in the grass
just to see what would happen.  The motor seemed about the same as before,
but I noticed the ammeter needle was jumping up into the red then back down
as I moved along.  Against my better judgement, I continued to mow for
about
3 minutes... then the suspect motor kicked in "full on", power returned,
and
the needle quit jumping.

The grass was about 7" tall... I know I shouldn't have, but I continued to
mow the rest of the backyard.  I took a 2/3 cut... only using the suspect
motor to mulch the previous round's cut.  The grass was wet from last
night's rain, but it did a great job.  Everything continued to work great
for the next 18 minutes.

The problem could still be the wiring harness or, most likely, the brushes.
Had I read Steven Naugler's note better, I wouldn't have mowed at all.  He
warned of possible damage to the motor when using worn or damaged brushes.
Hopefully, I haven't hurt it too much already.

I'll let you guys know the root cause before next weekend.

-Dave