(ET) cutting hay

mornin' all, I started cutting a small patch of hay/tall grass for our animals last night. I had a 120VAC 17" bar hedge trimmer running off of a little 300W invertor, fastened on to the front mower deck with tie wraps, it worked okay, however the mower deck kept catching the hay from the previous cutting underneath the deck. So I removed the mower deck and fastened the hedge trimmers directly to the mower guide bar. Works better, this sure looks funny, I had my wife take a picture. hehe. But it does work in a pinch, however I'm looking forward to getting a sickle bar mower and cutting a little more in one swath.
Later, Tony
--
this is coming to you from Anthony Bailey KC0HZP (mailto:a636ccr semovm semo edu)
Southeast Missouri State University, Cape Girardeau, MO  63701