(ET) Electronics Lesson

At 07:33 AM 5/31/00 , Dennis  wrote:

>Can anyone explain the function of the relays/coils/solenoids for my C-185
>Wheelhorse.
>First; are they relays, coils, solenoids or something else, and what is
the
>difference between these 3 ?

>The function of the following relays/coils/solenoids off my schematic ?

[I'll try:]

>PTO

[A relay controlled by the "mower" switch, powers the receptacle. Held energized by a contact of itself, so a loss of power does not result in an unexpected restart when power is again available. The circle represents the electromagnet (coil, solenoid) part, the parallel lines, the contacts (same convention for all the relays).]

>F, Forward, and R, Reverse

[Connect the armature to the battery in opposite directions. Energized primarily by the first switch of the throttle, chosen by RTN or RTNR.]

>1A
>2A

[Control the lower speeds by adding resistance ( the flat strips near the charger ) to the armature circuit. Controls by the next switches on the throttle.]

>RTN (and RTNR)

[Choose direction, only after the safety switches are closed.]

>2AH

[Energized when there the armature is powered. Controls the field current.]

>CC

[Some magic I haven't tried to get to work, the cruise control.]

Paul Abendroth pabendroth dma org

In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice
But in practice, there always is.