Re: (ET) Tilling

In a message dated 5/23/00 11:54:12 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
darryl econogics com writes:

<<this seems as good a place as any to ask:
 <Did anyone ever build an electric, walk-behind rototiller?

Daryl, When I moved out to the country with my folks back in 1970 the
house
we bought came with a walk behind tiller with a corded electric motor on
it.
The previous owners had 3 different vegetable gardens totaling about 1/4
acre. While I don't know if that was the only tiller they used. We used it
on
about half that much space for a year or two. It worked fine although it
would not work very well on sod or heavy packed soil. I remember it being
very quiet compared to the gas one we also used.
The old guy who had built it was a very creative person who built some
incredible stuff. Unfortunately he passed away about 20 years ago. When
the
local electric enthusiast club in the area heard about the tiller they
came
out and were all excited about it and asked my dad to donate it to them
for
display purposes. That was back in about 1975 and I haven't seen it since.
Sure wish I had it today. It sure would be nice to avoid the hassles you
experienced with the i.c.e. type.     Kirk