Re: (ET) tilling

Brad and others,
        I'd recommend the snow blower motor.  It is designed for heavy
continuous
use and, if like the snow blower motor for the large frame tractors, is
series wound.  This will increase torque as the tilling load increases.
The sweeper motor I believe is a permanent magnet motor and is lower in
power than the snow blower.  It has three disadvantages over the snow
blower motor:  1.  It has less power, 2.  It does not increase torque as
the load increases and the motor slows down, and 3. It is a permanent
magnet design where the magnets can be demagnetized during high current or
high temperature operation.
        Hope this helps you decide.

Steve Naugler

Oasis654 aol com
> writes:
>
> > yes converting gas tillers to elect. is a noble and quite possible
> >  thing.  they could even be pulled behind smaller e8's, so the ground
drive
> > as
> >  on troy builts, wouldn't be needed.
>
>  That's a good idea.  I would like to have a tiller, but I only have an
e10.
> I don't need a big tiller.  A converted walk-behind would be fine. Hmm.
> have a motor that came off a lawn sweeper.  I wonder if that would be
> big
> enough.  Since I have a snowblower and all the associated mounting
> paraphanalia for that, I would be inclined to mount it on the front.
Since
> it dosen't snow here that much, I suppose I could just the snowblower
motor,
> too.  That would certainly be big enough. What do you think?
>

> Brad Fayette
>
> "The geeks shall inherit the earth."

--- Steven Naugler
--- snaugler earthlink net