(ET) Charger question....

I'm sure I could find this somewhere, but I suspect someone out there has
the
info right in their head....

What is the maximum (regulated) current that golf-cart batteries may be
charged at?
Assume a normal room temperature.  My suspicion is that is governed by the
temperature of the plates, but there may be some other limitation.

If temperature is the limitation, I am tempted to regulate on temperature
with one
of my fancy power supplies.  I'm not sure whether to try a linear or a
switcher.

Larry Elie