poll, was RE: (ET) Collector's Oddity

> Personally, I believe electric tractors will make a comeback in the
> next few years, but it won't be ETs that appear in stores and
> showrooms, but some successor...

If Bill Gunn really has a zero-turn-radius unit design, I'd
like to know more about it.  I'd really like to have such a
unit for mowing, but it'd probably be cost prohibitive in
small volumes.  I wonder if I could talk my neighbors into
buying them, after trying mine out.  I know they think of
my electrak as an oddity, since it's impractical for them
to get one -- the nearest one for sale is probably 700 miles
away at the closest.  But if I started selling zippy, nimble,
quiet, clean, zero-turn-radius, mulching mower decks made
by Bill Gunn, and provided local parts stock, service, etc,
maybe it would happen.  Now, this might be an idea we
could all form a "buyer's group" based on.  Since we
elec-trak owners are distributed around North America
(somewhat), and since we are all familiar with servicing
electric mowing equipment :-), and likely most of us
have storage space for elec-trak stuff, that makes us
uniquely qualified to become dealers for Bill's units.
Start off by selling all our neighbors, friends, relatives
on it, and let word of mouth from all those contacts
push sales...

Anyone ever do a market analysis on how often
ICE mowers/tractors get replaced by their owners?

Ken (Olum), how many list members do we have?
Judging from the number of subscription requests
(attempts at eGroups) in the last year, we should
be well over 100.  There are 12 pending request
attempts at eGroups/elec-trak right now.  I'd bet
they don't all have elec-traks yet...

How many listmembers would consider buying a
Bill Gunn zero-turn-unit, assuming such a design
exists, and would be priced competitively (okay,
that's pretty nebulous).  How many would consider
being a dealer for such a unit? Please email me
directly at mailto:mr23 worldspy net and state
your interest, I'll tally it up and report back.