RE: (ET) Re: Parts....

Dave, I'm not trying to be cute; I use the ET as much as anyone.  My point
is
that only someone willing to put as much time in it as a collector will be
using
the thing all that much.  I used to rebuild farm tractors as a hobby and to
re-sell.
They looked great, but parts got so expensive that people would call me and
ask why
the starter for the tractor they bought for $1500 cost $200 rebuilt.  Or
why
the
rebuild on a hydraulic pump cost several hundred dollars, and so on.  They
were USING
the tractors; it wasn't like something just for show, but the parts
eventually pushed
them to stop.  They were always afraid something would break.  I am too.
Even with
cheap parts, my time must be worth something.  Nor can I go to the nearest
dealer to
get a part if something breaks.  Only other 'collectors' have parts.
That's
what I
was talking about.  I hope it doesn't offend anyone.

On the side question; has anyone else but me noticed that the ET is MUCH
better at cutting
grass than it is with dandelions?  Seriously, you have to drop the speed a
LOT for just a
few dandelions, yet the grass all around is cut.  Is it the suctionless
design of the blades,
or the slightly slower blade speed, or something else?

Larry Elie