Re: (ET) "Mower Motor Rebuilding"

At 05:15 AM 3/23/00 -0500, David wrote:

>I have heard tales of the short lives that lower bearings have on mower
>motors.  I think this is the reason.  It's tempting to hose out the deck
>after mowing, but I think that scraping it instead will contribute to
>longer bearing life.

I use bearings with (rubber) seals instead of the original type that only
have (metal) shields.  They only cost a few dollars more.  I rebuilt all of
the motors when I got my trac,  about 15 years ago.  All of the bearings
are still good.

Dave

Dave  Tief.  N1WWY
Addie Tief.  N1XQP
Tribble,  Noodles,  Cecil,  Bandit,  Scooter and Magic.
Visit our web page at http://pages.cthome.net/dandahp