Re: (ET) "Mower Motor Rebuilding"

From:                   dave barden <daveb speakeasy org>

> Years ago I was warned by a motorcycle
> mechanic to never use a high pressure hose to clean the wheels of a m/c
> because it can blast the lube out of the wheel bearings and blast the
> dirt
> in.  I wonder if the same wouldn't be true for the shaft bearings/seals
> on
> these mowers???

I have heard tales of the short lives that lower bearings have on mower
motors.  I think this is the reason.  It's tempting to hose out the deck
after mowing, but I think that scraping it instead will contribute to
longer bearing life.

I'll be interested to read what more experienced ET owners have found.

David Roden - Akron, Ohio, USA
1991 Solectria Force 144vac
1991 Ford Escort Green/EV 128vdc
1979 General Engines ElectroPed 24vdc