From: owner-elec-trak cosmos5 phy tufts edu [mailto:owner-elec-trak cosmos5 phy tufts edu]On Behalf Of Walter
Sent: Friday, January 28, 2000 10:42 AM
To: Pieter Litchfield; ET discussion list
Subject: Re: (ET) Possible CD-ROM

Well that post started a lot of traffic.
As for the searchable text and OCR, I think this would make the cost extremely high considering the limited sales.There are a few factors pushing the cost of a CD version: 1.a scanner large enough to handle even the owners manual prints, 2.Software needed to generate the images. 3.and pirating of the disks.
I for one would not be very happy to spend say $2000.00 (?) of time and money to create a CD which will generate limited sales (I question if the sales would cover the costs)and then have it copied.
Out of curiosity what would anyone expect to pay for a searchable owners manual?
Walter