Re: (ET) Possible CD-ROM

From:                   "Walter " <dwfh starlinx com>

> My point exactly. With the cheap technology available today why spend
> the time/money to produce a limited sales item.

Walt, I don't quite understand what you are saying here.  You originally
posted the question about how many people would be interested in a CDROM
manual for the ET.  Presumably this is something you were considering
doing yourself.  Now it sounds like you are answering your own question,
and it sounds like the answer is that there isn't enough of a market to
make it worthwhile financially.

If I understand you correctly, you seem to be implying that such (more or
less) universal outlets as the web make traditional publication methods
unnecessary or redundant for limited-interest subjects like this one.
That might be true.

So, I might propose that someone do this as a nonprofit service to the ET
users' community.  It wouldn't have to be a CDROM; my original idea a
while back was a webpage devoted to ET technical issues.  But it probably
would have to be done simply (straight page scans) and thus would require
a lot of server space.

Would copyright issues intervene?  Possibly not, if the page contained
only material not now commercially available.  Unfortunately there are no
guarantees, and there's always the chance that the webmaster might get
called on the carpet, possibly (remote chance) with legal consequences.

If I had the time and web server space available at low or no cost, I'd
consider taking the chance; but at the moment I don't have either.
Anyone
else?  Thoughts?  Ideas?

David Roden - Akron, Ohio, USA
1991 Solectria Force 144vac