(ET) Snowblower Heaven in Illinois

As the proud owner of an E12M with a smaller 38" blower, I must tell you about tonight's Elec-Trak experience.  But first, a little history.

Back in October I restored the snowblower.  It was a lot of crappy dirty work.  I stripped, sanded, & repainted everything.  I lubricated and adjusted the chain.   The drive belt was replaced and the chute and throat heavily siliconed.  About halfway through I began to wonder why I was putting so much time and effort into the project.  I kept at it anyway and finished well before any snow came.  The whole outfit sat in the back of the garage eagerly waiting for action.

November came.  Absolutely no snow.  December.  A little snow... maybe about 1" total the whole month.  To be honest, I felt kinda stupid out there with this big honkin' outfit.  I think the neighbors might have snickered a bit, but it was a good function test if nothing else.  Then tonight came.  After months of eager anticipation and readiness I was finally able to clean up 6" of fresh fluffy snowfall.  It was a religous experience.

How well did it work?  It gave me an amazing sense of power and control.  It is complete overkill for my needs... which makes it even more fun!  For example, under my direction it launched snow ACROSS the street... and onto my neighbor's mailbox... or driveway!  That's at least 25'... probably 30'.  That was great fun but not very neighborly, so I aimed it off to the side... and discovered that it could pump snow well into the vacant lot on the west side of our property.  I could drive in L2, but the load needle was pegged.  L1 felt a little more sane so I kept it there most of the time.

I just love turning the chute while watching the powder arch off into the distance.  'Sure beats using my $3 shovel.  Needless to say, my back is very happy tonight.

Gotta love the Elec-Traks.

-Dave