(ET) CD Rom Manuals

GE Folks,
    There may be one other aspect to consider in the selling of a CD ROM manual if we are concerned with the health of Technical Service and Parts.  Certainly Bill Gunn does not make money when he spends time helping diagnose problems until the diagnosis results in a sale.  Distributing manuals on CD ROM should help us all diagnose our problems ourselves.  This, in turn, should reduce the time Bill Gunn spends to make a given sale.  So unless the copying and sale of manuals is a profit center for Technical Service, distributing manuals on CD ROM could be of help to Bill Gunn.
    Anyone wanting to distribute the GE documentation needs to check the legality of doing so, but more importantly, should take care not to jeopardize one of our best sources of parts and advice.
    Perhaps Technical Service and parts would want the rights to sell what CD ROM is generated?

Steve Naugler