RE: (ET) CD rom Tech book

I agree with Larry's comments below.  Creating as comprehensive
a set of documents on the CD(s) as possible would be a great
value.  I also believe most of us would want to have both the printed
manual and the CD set.  I will keep my Service Manual as a
reference item, the CD gives me the ability to easily print the page
of interest for a given issue, then discard it when done, not worrying
about getting it dirty.  Honoring copyright is important, and so is
keeping our main source of available parts, information and advice.

> Speaking of copyright issues, and, perhaps even more realistically,
> what is best for the long term, think about the present source of
> the manual:  Technical Service.
>
> I bought an "Owner Service Manuel" from Technical Service for either $25
> or $29 some 4 years ago.  I think that sounds a bit high, but
> realistically, it is probably reasonable.  Most of the cost was probably
> for the re-print, but part to help keep Technical Service in business.
> I'm not sure if they own the printing rights, but I am sure that they
> should be consulted on anything of this nature.  It is NOT in my best
> interest if Technical Service goes out of business. Besides, he has other
> manuals that should belong in such a CD; the REAL shop manual, those for
> other attachments (the Owner Manuel has the mower decks and E-8 to E-20)
> and real brochures etc.... I don't even own the Operator's Manuel!  What
> would like to see is a series of CD's:  a user CD for which there would
> be
> a broad (50 people?) market and a full print CD set on JPG...  probably 4
> CD's and a market of say 5 in total.  I think Walter might try to contact
> Technical Service first.  Even a small royalty on each CD might help keep
> Technical Service going.
>
> Larry ELie

Darryl McMahon          48 Tarquin Crescent,
Econogics, Inc.         Nepean, Ontario K2H 8J8
 It's your planet.      Voice: (613)828-0805
 If you won't look      Fax:   (613)828-3199
 after it, who will?    http://www.econogics.com/