(ET) Rotary Inverter

The inverter is highly regulated and will produce 115/208V AC even at
36V DC input. Inside the cover is a very nice circuit diagram with
specifications which are: 3 phase rating 2500VA, single phase rating
2250VA with an input of 27.5 V DC (but works fine at 36V) at 400 cycles.
The 400 cycle is ok for motors with brushes which most DC and some AC
motors are. This is a brute of an inverter made for the military but
startup and operating current is 50 amps! Of course, your external load
is additional to the inverter operating load. I can supply a number of
these devices for whoever wants them. I would like to have $100 plus
shipping from Peoria, IL. Or I would trade for accessories for ElecTrak.
I have a Wheelhorse, a New Idea and 3 GE tractors. I have restored them
all except one of the GE's.

For those of you that looked at my web site and asked about the riding
mower that I converted from gas to electric; I did this before I knew
about the ElecTraks. All I did was get a 2 hp 24V motor from Surplus
Center, add two deep discharge batteries (which fit under the hood)
keeping all the mechanical stuff (belt drive, transmission, clutch,
etc). I used automotive starter solenoids for on/off. I used it all one
season but the 12V batteries only gave the mower about 1/2 hour of
operation. I think using 6V golf cart batteries would extend the
operating time to at least one hour. Obviously, the efficiency is not
too good. A better approach would be to use a separate motor drive to
power the blades directly instead of a belt drive from the one motor.
Because of the inefficiency of a belt drive system, motor heating was a
problem. I monitored the motor temp and had a thermal cutout for safety.
I can supply a wiring diagram for $5 to anyone interested.

check out my websites at http://www.geocities.com/colosseum/bench/5592
and  http://www.geocities.com/researchtriangle/lab/3518