From:   Lee Richardson[SMTP:lrichard jbc edu]
Sent:   Tuesday, October 12, 1999 8:39 AM
To:     elec-trak cosmos5 phy tufts edu
Subject:        (ET) RE: 600 ?

>On the side, someone posted that he had measured several hundred (600?...
I don't
>recall and that sounds too high) on a hill.  The fusible links will drop
quickly at those
>sorts of current.
>
>Larry Elie
>

>From Lee:

If that was me - - I said that I had pulled 500 or 600 pounds (a barrel of
water or 1/3 rick of green oak firewood) up a pretty steep hill (12
degrees). This is in 2nd gear (with my E-15). I seldom let the needle get
into the yellow, let alone the red, so I've never had any trouble with
over-heating.  I have no idea what the amps are.

I appreciate the note about the tractor pull.  I've often wondered what the
Electrac would do in one of those.