(ET) Pulling lots of AMPs

Hello all, I'm slowly finding out the reasons my C-185 is pulling so many
amps, I regularly peg the meter while using it. 1) the emergency switch on
the left side is bad, so I have to replace it and Bill at TS & Parts has a
better design that I'm going to replace it with. 2) the previous owner had
a splice in the cable going to the  motor from the controllers and it was
badly corroded. Which leads me to my next question - do you recomend not
using splices at all and just taking out the old cable and replacing or is
there a splicing method you would use?
Thanks, Tony

----
this is coming to you from an Apple Power Macintosh G3/300 running MacOS
8.5
Anthony Bailey (mailto:a636ccr semovm semo edu) Apple Computer Technician
for Southeast Missouri State University, Cape Girardeau, MO  63701