Re: (ET) re: battery testers

Thanks for your responses on battery testers, but its not enough.
Therefore
I have what I call "More questions on a battery testers:"
1.  Wouldn't you need to actively adjust resistance to maintain 75 amps?
After all, as the voltage drops from 12ish to 10.5 V ( or 6ish to 5.25 for
6 V battery) the current would drop proportionately, about a 12 % drop in
current.  Couldn't that lead to a significant error in the test results?
2.  Would you test the 36 V pack, and then test individual batteries if a
problem was found?
3.  Is 75 A the correct testing current for our 6 V batteriess?  How about
for the 12 V batteries used in E8s?  Is this published somewhere on the
web?
Is the 10.5 V for a 12 V battery and 5.25 V for a 6 V battery the correct
test voltage for all liquid electrolyte lead acid cells?
4.  Has anyone built their own tester where they didn't need to stand next
to the test rig constantly making adjustments and taking readings?
And related questions on chargers?
1.  Has anyone tried one of these new battery desulfators yet?  I was
thinking of it, but haven't yet?
2.  Has anyone tried some new technology testers yet?  My research so far
suggests that a decent modern charger new is priced from $300 - $400.  If
your charger is well and truly dead, it might be worth it, but my chargers
are still functional.
    Looking forward to all your responses, and maybe some controversy if
we're lucky
Steve Naugler