Re: (ET) ET PTO

Dont miss the point of the EV domain, Monty! Instead of worrying about a
PTO
from the traction motor with all its attendant belts, pulleys, bearing and
other contrivances, just ADD A MOTOR.

You think the team that made the snow thrower attachment wasted a second
wondering about loading down the traction motor? NO! Or how to get power
from the tractor to the attachment? NO! They saw, as you should, that a
wire
is easier to run than a shaft. Either way, you tax the betteries about the
same.

In a nutshell, there's an electrical switch on the ElecTrak dash labelled
"PTO" for a reason.

Suppose you were wondering about this because you have a formerly
gas-powered accessory you want to add to your electrac. Add a motor!
Suppose
you like the idea of the traditional tractor PTO and three-point hitch on a
farm tractor? Add a motor! Groove with the electric philosophy, dude: get
yourself a beater golf cart and start choppin'.

That is to say, more respectfully and less theatrically, if it were me,
that
is most certainly what I would do.

-Max Hall
-maxo iname com