(ET) ET PTO

Just got my first ET last month, an E-20 that needs a complete rebuild.

My question is, has anyone considered using the brake shaft on the transmission as a PTO shaft? Maybe it is not hooked up internally to allow the driveshaft to turn it in neutral?

I saw several list comments about the marginal brakes on the ETs and thought I might use go-cart brakes at the wheels (rotor mounted to the wheel casting, caliper held by bracket from the transmission mounting bolts?). This would free up the brake disc shaft to be a PTO shaft to drive maybe a hydraulic pump for a loader or backhoe?

Anyone else considered this?  Am I missing something obvious?

Monty McGraw
E-20 being rebuilt