(ET) ET power

Hi.....   I'm here to confuse things even more yet....
According to an old Popular Science article I have from June 1970, the E12
is comparable to a 10 HP gas, the E15 is comparable to a 12 HP gas, and the
E20 is comparable to a 14 HP gas.  Can anyone verify this?  I tend to
believe it because the I think the heavy use attachments are the same no
matter what large frame tractor they go on. Or did a blower or tiller for a
E20 have a larger motor?  If they were the same, then the difference is in
the .3 kw larger traction motor in the E20, which doesn't add up to 5 HP.
I think the E20 also had a higher amp hr battery back as standard
equipment.
Dean A. Stuckmann