Re: (ET) newbie

Message text written by "Steven Naugler"
>I believe that the golf cart motor will
not serve you well, and if you did use it, you'll still need separate
motors
for the mower deck.  And I'd advise you to not plow or do other heavy
traction jobs with it.  It's 3 hp is not a constant duty 3 hp.<

I'll second Steve's caution about plowing, although I'll have to say that I
plowed all last winter with a golf cart itself with a 60" plow.  When
you're doing heavy duty stuff, you should stop often -- probably for at
least a half hour or so -- to let the motor cool off.  In my case it wasn't
a problem -- just left the cart out on charge  in the 10-degree weather and
went inside for a cup of coffee, petted the cat, and read the paper.  You
just have to decide what tradeoffs you want to make.

Paul Heinzerling