RE: (ET) E12M Mower Deck

Dave, check the flange position and how it is attached.  I have moved a
flange
(an E-12M motor onto a E-12 deck) and I now have seen 3 seperate flange
positions.
I suspect it is not the shaft length but the flange position.  You might
try to shim
the other 2 motors with a thick 5/16" flat washer, but make sure you have
enough
bolt thread to tighten properly.  Another possibility is that you have a
motor that
was intended for straight blades, and you put a 'dip' blade on the motor.
Yes, most
M decks have dip blades, but I'm not sure all do.  If that is the problem,
put 'dip'
blades on the other 2, and a straight blade on the one that is too low.  A
'dip' blade
has a side view about like the picture I'll try to draw below:

   _______/
       \________

Assuming your mail utility is set up reasonably, I think that may make
sense.  The
'straight' blades don't have the two steps.  I would put the 'different'
motor in the middle.

Larry Elie