(ET) mulching

I have  front mounted rear discharge decks on my E-15 and E-12.  These apparently had some kind of soft deflector (rubber??) at one time along the rear edge of the deck, covering the open rear discharge area.  I have replaced it with a piece of fairly heavy rubber ribbed floor mat material cut and clamped into place.  It "fills the gap" from the deck to the roller surface.  I think it promotes mulching since the clipping can't fly out the back easily.
 I would think that adding a set of blade baffles (like those already present under the deck) to the rear of each blade path might help.

By the way, I resized my wooden rollers by slitting PVC pipe and forcing it over the roller, then filling in the gap with another sliver.  Slippery and it seems to last well.

Pieter