RE: (ET) Mulching

Maybe it's just me (or my experiences), but I'm not enthusiastic about
mulching mowers.  I don't think they're compatible with my mowing habits
("don't cut more than one-third of the grass's length"?  Yeah, right!).
My push mower, a Black & Decker MM-450, is supposed to be a convertible,
but I've found that it just can't handle the grass load when it's set up
to mulch.

I suspect that it takes a pretty sophisticated design, a lot of power,
and the willingness to cut the grass more frequently than I want to, to
make mulching work well.  I don't think that my ET has either of the
first two in its deck (maybe yours does), and I know I don't have the
third in me (maybe you do).

Just my 2 pfennigs' worth.

                David Roden          THE VIRTUAL PD
     Services for radio broadcasters targeting educated adults
 Programming   Air talent development   Research   Classical music