(ET) New to list server

Hi,
I have an Elec-Trak 15 that I have been using for 20 years (new batteries
about every 7).  I picked up the tractor with mower deck, winter cab,
weight box, and dozer blade for $150 (batteries were shot).  I found the
snow blower and tire chains from another source for $75.  I'm trying to
find the other attachments they had like; DC welder, 115 volt AC inverter,
tiller, etc.  I love the beast and it has been incredibly reliable.  The
only things I have trouble with was a lift motor and some mower motors.
(usually because I hit a rock or tree root) I have an article somewhere
from Popular Science (1970?) when they first came out.
Please bear with me, this is the first list server I've worked with.  Can I
send pictures? If people are interested, I could scan the article and put
it on the server.   I glanced through the message archives and have the
following info to offer on various issues.
I purchased mower blade set thru Wheel Horse (Part # 200868) for $42 in
Sept 96.  I don't know if they still are available.  They are made from a
thicker steel but the bends are all the same.
I have the old single stage snow blower and in heavy snow the best I've
found (along with graphite paint), is to keep the blower loaded.  Keep that
load meter near the red!  A constant stream of snow will usually keep it
from plugging up. It will also throw farther. I found this to be true for
any type of snow.  If you want to play with auger speeds, try a different
sprocket on the motor.  One tooth up or down may make a big difference for
your type of snow.
I have a large area to remove snow from.  In SEVERE cases, rather than the
hassle (and expense and bulk) of using extra batteries, I keep the charger
plugged in as I go.  I mount the extension cord to a 5 foot long arm that
sticks out the side of the cab near the top.  If you backup rather than
turning around for each pass and have the next passes be away from the cord
(if the arm is on the right, the subsequent passes are all left), the cord
is kept out of harms way of the tires and blower.  The low load when
backing up also gives the charger a little time to give the batteries a
boost.  You can run a LONG time with this setup.
I don't have the brake problem that other people seem to have.  Mine almost
works too good, I can lock the wheels quite easily. It is the stock setup.
As I scanned the message archive I saw lots of stuff for upgrades, changing
circuits and motors, meters, guages, different batteries and chargers, etc.
 For me, the best part of the Elec-Trac is that it does work like GE
intended to.  Like an old appliance.  You plug it in and it works year
after year with the minimum of fuss.  I'm sure it could be more efficient
with all these fancy changes, but for me I love that fact that I AM using
30 year old technology,  and it works quite well, thank you!  I have to
laugh at my neighbor, my total yearly operating costs are less than a tune
up or belts for his John Deere. Not to mention his $10000 investment! I
will keep buying the old lead acid batteries every 7 years and give then a
splash of water now and then to keep them happy.  Quite frankly, if I
wouldn't have lived with this great tractor for the last 20 years, all the
upgrade stuff would have scared me off from purchasing an electric tractor.

Thank You (Don't worry, I'm usually not this long winded)