Re: (ET) New to list server

Dean, welcome to the list!  It sounds like you have lots to contribute.

As a relatively new ET user, I especially enjoyed your comments about the
snow thrower.  I have not been pleased with mine, but I'll try it your
way before I give up.  So far I find that the blade works better for my
snow.

Finding attachments seems to have gotten challenging.  There are several
collectors who want to have every accessory, whether they need it or not
(that is not a criticism), and they are ready to pounce on just about any
machine that surfaces in case it has some attachment they don't yet have.

For locating attachments, as for locating ETs, you might try to identify
a good-sized suburban development near you, one which has been in
existence for at least 30-40 years and which has large lots.  Subscribe
to their newspaper and tabloid shopper paper.  You may have a wait, but
eventually you'll find an ad from someone who is moving and doesn't want
to take the ET, or is giving up the house and moving to a condo, or the
child of someone who's recently passed away leaving an ET, or someone who
just wants to clean out the storage shed.

After you cannibalize the goodies you'll end up with a bunch of moribund
ETs behind your garage, but you can probably fix them up and sell them
for a few hundred bucks each, with a mower and blade, to people like me
who just want to have something affordable and exhaust-fumes-free to cut
grass and move snow.

Good luck to you.  Don't worry about long posts -- I'm looking forward to
reading more of your comments.

                David Roden          THE VIRTUAL PD
     Services for radio broadcasters targeting educated adults
 Programming   Air talent development   Research   Classical music