(ET) Fridge design.

>> Wouldn't putting the fridge outside during an ice storm
>> be a more energy efficient way to keep your milk cold?
>>
>> ...just a thought from the frigid california coast...
>>
>If you mean unload the fridge, disconnect the ice maker, bounce a couple
>of hundred pounds of appliance down the ice covered stairs, level it,
>plug it in and reload it, then listen to my wife explain what she likes
>best about going outside to get milk for her coffee. Nope, I'll spend
>the extra electrons.

Dan's right: even though it gets f'ing cold up here, it's not easy to set
that Fridge on the porch... when it gets cold.

But isn't goddam funny to have a big box (the house) that we burn energy to
keep warm from the ambient (outdoor) temp, and inside it, we put a little
box (the fridge) that we burn energy to keep cold against the ambient
(indoor) temp? Hah! I say. Hah HAH hah!

Fortunately, any inefficiency in the fridge's operation winds up as heat in
your house, so for a change you really do get something for your spent
electrons! How often can you say that about so-called "waste" heat? Verges
on a free lunch.

-Max, who won't store hot dogs in the snowbank anymore not since....
nevermind.