[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
RE: Lifting batteries
- Subject: RE: Lifting batteries
- From: Christopher Meier <Christopher Meier cwix com>
- Date: Tue, 08 Dec 1998 20:47:23 -0600
- Importance: Normal
- In-reply-to: <199812080539.AAA27988@acheron.aldhfn.org>
- Sender: owner-elec-trak cosmos5 phy tufts edu
>For batteries with no such fittings, there are battery lifters
>available that look sort of like large, bent pliers with flat,
>rubber covered jaws. The jaws fit the sides of the battery.
>When you lift, the jaws are clamped against the sides.
I used something like this on one of my batteries (some no-name
brand from a Wisc outfit), the 'lid' is now detached (unsealed)
from the rest of the battery case on one corner, and thus leaks
when it tips (or the tractor causes sloshing) from that end cell.
Is there a way to fix the seal?