[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Snow blower & transaxle help?
- Subject: Re: Snow blower & transaxle help?
- From: Ken Olum <kdo cosmos5 phy tufts edu>
- Date: Mon, 30 Nov 1998 12:01:22 -0500 (EST)
- In-reply-to: <199811300350.WAA08623@acheron.aldhfn.org> (email@example.com)
- Sender: owner-elec-trak cosmos5 phy tufts edu
From: roden ald net
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 1998 00:02:42 -0500
A couple questions relating to the ET snowblower.
1. Can anyone suggest an appropriate lubricant for the chain?
I think I used something intended for motorcycle chains.
2. The snowblower has a remote-control handle to rotate the discharge
chute from the seat. However, I can't see any way to attach it to the
side of the tractor so that it's held up off the ground and easy to
Should there be a bracket of some kind? Where is it attached?
On the frame of the snowblower there should be a vertical tube several
inches long and open at the top. In this tube there should be an
upright bar that terminates in a ring at the top. The ring supports
the middle of the remote control handle.
And a question about the transaxle.
I notice that mine produces an odd surging effect in low-low. It's
almost as if a spring were winding up and unwinding. The tractor
barely moves for perhaps a second, then jumps forward; then the cycle
repeats. Is this normal behavior, is it excessive gear play, or what?
Mine does this too, but I imagined it was not normal behavior. As I
recall it only does it going downhill.