Re: Snow blower & transaxle help?

   From: roden ald net
   Date: Mon, 30 Nov 1998 00:02:42 -0500

   A couple questions relating to the ET snowblower.

   1.  Can anyone suggest an appropriate lubricant for the chain?

I think I used something intended for motorcycle chains.

   2.  The snowblower has a remote-control handle to rotate the discharge
   chute from the seat.  However, I can't see any way to attach it to the
   side of the tractor so that it's held up off the ground and easy to
grab.
   Should there be a bracket of some kind?  Where is it attached?

On the frame of the snowblower there should be a vertical tube several
inches long and open at the top.  In this tube there should be an
upright bar that terminates in a ring at the top.  The ring supports
the middle of the remote control handle.

   And a question about the transaxle.

   I notice that mine produces an odd surging effect in low-low.  It's
   almost as if a spring were winding up and unwinding.  The tractor
   barely moves for perhaps a second, then jumps forward; then the cycle
   repeats.  Is this normal behavior, is it excessive gear play, or what?

Mine does this too, but I imagined it was not normal behavior.  As I
recall it only does it going downhill.

                                Ken