Snow blower & transaxle help?

A couple questions relating to the ET snowblower.

1.  Can anyone suggest an appropriate lubricant for the chain?

2.  The snowblower has a remote-control handle to rotate the discharge
chute from the seat.  However, I can't see any way to attach it to the
side of the tractor so that it's held up off the ground and easy to grab.
Should there be a bracket of some kind?  Where is it attached?

And a question about the transaxle.

I notice that mine produces an odd surging effect in low-low.  It's
almost as if a spring were winding up and unwinding.  The tractor
barely moves for perhaps a second, then jumps forward; then the cycle
repeats.  Is this normal behavior, is it excessive gear play, or what?

Thanks for your help with these questions.

     David Roden          THE VIRTUAL PD         roden ald net
     Services for radio broadcasters targeting educated adults
 Programming   Air talent development   Research   Classical music