RE: Snow blower & transaxle help?

Ken Olum replied;

----------
From:   Ken Olum[SMTP:kdo cosmos5 phy tufts edu]
Sent:   Monday, November 30, 1998 12:01 PM
To:     roden ald net
Cc:     elec-trak cosmos5 phy tufts edu
Subject:        Re: Snow blower & transaxle help?

<snip>

;   And a question about the transaxle.

 ;  I notice that mine produces an odd surging effect in low-low.  It's
 ;  almost as if a spring were winding up and unwinding.  The tractor
 ;  barely moves for perhaps a second, then jumps forward; then the cycle
 ;  repeats.  Is this normal behavior, is it excessive gear play, or what?

;Mine does this too, but I imagined it was not normal behavior.  As I
;recall it only does it going downhill.

;                               Ken

I think they all do it when the load is very LIGHT (i.e.; downhill, or
pulling a
heavy wagon and trying to slow down).  I think it is the way the control
system
works.  I suppose I should look over the schematic carefully, but I always
assumed
that is wasn't a problem.

Larry Elie