My Mom

(Cross-posted from Facebook without the pictures).

My mother, Maude Elise VanBellingham Perry, left this world early Wednesday
morning, May 4th.  She was a wonderful friend, neighborhood mom,
enthusiastic bridge and tennis player, and a flat out astonishing mother.
To give you some idea: Her first child, Andrea, needed, and still needs,
round-the-clock care, pretty much exactly like a very strong two year old
who hasn't yet learned to talk.  So Ma provided it, for 50 years, with
unflagging love and patience.

Ma was a lifelong lover of ice cream.  On Sunday, when she had been
refusing all food and water, she said Yes to ice cream, even though she
could no longer really swallow it.  I fed her vanilla until she stopped
accepting it:   Done?  She nods.  Would you like coffee ice cream?  Yes!
Done?  Yes, please pack up the ice cream so I can take it home with me.

There will be a graveside memorial service at Puritan Lawn cemetery, Lake
St., Peabody, on Tuesday, May 10th, 12:45 meetup for a 1PM start.  Please
let me know if you would like to come and need a ride, or a vegan meal.  If
you can't make it, and would like a way to honor her, just eat some ice
cream in her memory.  She would be delighted.

Rest in Peace, Ma. We will miss you forever.