Re: Wednesday Night (Virtual) Practice!

Thank you, Austin, for getting the ball rolling here, and Leland and Bryn
for creating Ringingroom.

I'm working my way up the learning curve, especially on the Discord. I had
the Discord in one window and Ringingroom in another, side-by-side on my
laptop screen, and by the end of the evening I was getting better at
clicking on the window I wanted to work in. The Chat locations in Discord
kept scrolling up out of view when I changed from one Voice room to
another, so I will work on my object permanence skills for next time.

I am using an ancient USB headset with microphone (as in, the foam covering
the ear speakers is returning to its dinosaur petroleum roots) but was able
to hear well and keep the microphone on without trouble, as far as I can
tell. I have used both wired and Bluetooth headphones for practicing on
http://tadhill.com/ringing/# and wired is far superior.

It was great fun experimenting on higher numbers, and as we all develop our
internal rhythm and get used to the tiny delay, I look forward to
doing more of it. The PB Minor at the beginning was getting smoother and
smoother, and the last course of Cambridge 6 at the end was cooking along.
I am looking forward to working up to 8 bells and beyond (though maybe not
to Infinity...).

John