THANK YOU!

Hi everyone,

Bryn and I would like to thank everyone who helped out with planning and running the AGM SO MUCH for all the hard work that went into organizing the event. We are both incredibly grateful. Everything went remarkably smoothly, everyone seems to have enjoyed themselves, and WE DID IT!

In addition to the many thousands of emails sent and responded to before the event (we counted 2500+ just between us two...), we have also gotten many thank you emails from attendees afterwards. We don't want to flood inboxes with all of them, but we will paste the messages below so you can read them.

I hope everyone who helped out is enjoying a well-deserved rest.
Thanks again,
Austin and Bryn

Thank you guys (and whoever I left out) for managing the AGM! It was a fun time, and thank you very much for all your hard work organizing and running things. --Ricky Morse, Boston

Thank you and your crew for an exemplaryAGM. Though I was only able to attend Hingham, Groton, and briefly Orleans, I was mightily impressed and appreciative of all the planning and support of attendees. --Mary Schillereff, Shreveport

Miniring owner Michael Hinton and Miniring transporter David Wilcox both expressed appreciation for how much The Smoke Ring was rung throughout the weekend. It was well worth the effort of bringing it down from Toronto, and made the weekend better as a whole.

Dear all in Boston,
Thank you so much for such an enjoyable and memorable experience at the AGM.
I thought that your level of organization was very well balanced between the need to engender confidence in the process and your ability to adapt to and accommodate the inevitable changes on the day.
I was also pleasantly surprised at the variety of activities that you had arranged in addition to the five towers that we had the opportunity to ring in.
You had clearly given a lot of thought to ensuring that all of your attendees were given the opportunity and encouragement to participate fully and fairly in the event. From what I could see you were very successful in achieving that. As a ringer of intermediate competence I was pleased that I was able to both practice my basic techniques when ringing in with the less experienced and to have the opportunity to stretch my skills to a higher level with stronger bands. My expectations were more than fulfilled.
I particularly enjoyed ringing at the Old North Church with the bells being so well balanced and mellow in tone. I felt honored and privileged to have the opportunity to ring such historic bells in such a(n) historic tower.
All in all, that was a job well done and you should be very proud of yourselves.
Thank you again for such a enjoyable and memorable experience. --Andrew Wanowski, Philadelphia

I liked having the change ringers around. They were without exception really friendly and appreciative.  Fr Welch, Church of the Advent

Hello

We would like to say thank you for allowing us to join you for the NAGR AGM last weekend.  We had a very enjoyable time.  We appreciate the hard work and effort needed to organise such an event and would like to pass on our thanks to everyone concerned.

We would also like to apologise for not replying to any of the emails sent to us after we had left England for the USA, particularly the ones about the car pool, unfortunately we did not have access to our emails whilst in Boston.  We have just return back home and seen them all!   We hope this did not cause too much inconvenience.

Once again thanks for everything

Regards

Mike and Janet Dew, Church Lawford

Dear all, I now realise that it is exactly  a week ago that I  was in Boston and about to go to Advent practice. The time seems to have flown as  I have been back in Belgium for 2 days and not written to thank you. I had a great time last week and can't thank you enough for all the hard work you put into organising the AGM. I got to ring   interesting things  on some excellent bells and with a great  crowd of people.  I also enjoyed some of the tourist sights of Boston and some good food.  I hope that you are all  able to relax a bit more now that it is over and hand the hard work over to the Honolulu ringers. I trust some of you will be at the AGM next year, as I certainly plan to go. See you there, Gregory Woods, Ypres, Belgium

Dear Joshua and Michael:
Please let all the Boston ringers know how much I appreciated the AGM ringing in all the towers.
It was a great time and well worth the trip from Raleigh.
Many thanks again to all
Margo Acomb
Raleigh tower

Bryn, Austin, Laura and Ed,
I want to include whoever worked so hard in planning such a wonderful AGM!  It was so well organized and appeared seamless although I could recognize the hard work put into it. I can’t thank you enough. My mind was blown how many ringing opportunities I had and times for fellowship. I hope you all get some deserved rest.
Please come to Raleigh and ring on our light bells.
Thank you, Ed for encouraging me to go!
Please pass this on to everyone who took a part in planning such a memorable five days of ringing.
Thanks again!
Happy ringing,
Miriam, Raleigh

Hi Josh,
Just wanted to thank you and all the other organizers for a wonderful time in Boston and environs last weekend.  The organization was impressive and you must all have worked very hard.  Please convey our thanks to your ringing colleagues.
Best,
Jim Fletcher and Lindsey Hutt-Fletcher, ringers from Raleigh

Pleases share this with your Boston area ringers.
As a first timer, I don't even know how to begin to thank each of you for all of your efforts in coordinating the NAGCR annual meeting.  From the convenience of the hotel;  rides to and from Orleans, Hingham and the Cape;  the delicious meals;  everything was seamlessly arranged.  And ultimately, I am still amazed at how many opportunities there were for this newbie to experience ringing bells much heavier than those to which I am accustomed.
I was certainly able to stretch my boundaries during the weekend as there was always someone willing to stand with me, answer questions and offer feedback to help improve my handling skills.  To each of you, thanks again.
Honolulu in 2020 is definitely on my radar!  Between now and then, if you find yourself traveling anywhere near Raleigh, let us know. We would love for you to pull a rope at Christ Church.
Thanks again,
Laveita Brinson, Raleigh