Re: Reciprocity Collaborative, well, collaboration!

Do we want to set aside some time to try to work out how this would work?

—Josh Burson
(Sent from my iPhone)

On Jul 15, 2019, at 10:29 AM, lauradi rcn com wrote:

  One question is whether they definitely want us to slide (is the choir sliding too?  specific subsets of the congregation?).  Decades ago, a choreographer used a recording of rounds, and the dancers rocked back and forth on the floor in time, as though they were bells. I'm not advocating that, just saying that there are other movement things that might work if Jenna and Sue want to experiment.

Laura Dickerson

From: "James Whiting" <jkwhiting gmail com>
To: "Laura Dickerson" <lauradi rcn com>
Cc: "Boston Change Ringers" <boston-change-ringers cosmos phy tufts edu>
Sent: Monday, July 15, 2019 10:17:22 AM
Subject: Re: Fwd: Reciprocity Collaborative, well, collaboration!

It looks interesting. It will be a little tricky to get everything to look right in a recording because of perspective issues (the pews at the back look much wider than the ones at the front) and I'm not sure how we could mark 8 spots on the pews in a way that we could slide over, but also will definitely not leave permanent marks. I think we would need to record some method and then play it on speakers in the church while sliding so that we can get the timing right. Perhaps each person should nod their head when their bell rings, to make it more clear what the relationship is. I would be willing to try this with my two older boys if the scheduling works.

We should probably try plain hunt first.

James