Re: visitors' and peal fees discussion

    The mostly joint  band walking over from Advent to Old North for service ringing started soon after the rehanging, when  ON decided that we'd ring *after* the 11 AM service, making it feasible.  So that has been thirty-five years.  I do remember having to be invited to the Advent when I was learning to hunt (1981), but many people rang both places, even then.

     I am not sure we have quite decided to have a united front on peal fees, but otherwise, yeah.

Laura Dickerson

From: "Don Morrison" <dfm ringing org>
To: "Boston Ringers" <boston-change-ringers cosmos phy tufts edu>
Sent: Wednesday, June 19, 2019 1:41:54 PM
Subject: Re: visitors' and peal fees discussion

On Sun, Jun 16, 2019 at 3:51 PM Margaret Pan <mpan mit edu> wrote:
> We decided at the MIT guild annual meeting to combine the finances
> of the MIT and Advent guilds and to adopt a single policy for both
> guilds on visitors' and peal fees.

Wow. At the risk of reopening old wounds, I can’t stop myself from commenting here: what a nice change from forty-five years ago when so many Boston ringers objected to folks from one tower ringing at the other. Who then would have ever thought. It gives one hope for the future in other ways, too, doesn’t it?

--
Don Morrison <dfm ringing org>
“All in all, in life and history, we have found so many good men and