Fwd: This Sunday and More

If you are up it, please bring something to share at the Advent Picnic this weekend.
Ed
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: rector theadventboston org <rector theadventboston org>
Date: Fri, Jun 8, 2018 at 1:06 PM
Subject: This Sunday and More

Dear Friends & Parishioners,

Picnic! Picnic! Picnic! This Sunday, June 10, we will have a summertime picnic in the Garden following the 9 AM and 11:15 AM Masses. The Advent will provide hot dogs with all the trimmings and drinks of various kinds. We ask members of the Parish to bring hors d'oeuvres, salads, desserts. Pray for good weather and feel free to dress appropriately.

Holy Toledo! This Sunday afternoon at 3:00 PM, two films by Advent parishioner Sam Audette will be shown at the MIT List Visual Arts Center. The films (Sam's thesis at the University of Chicago) are a contemplation of Spanish history. Spain today--in some places bustling and modern, in others only a reminder of past glory. Spain in the past--a country of three religions and great sophistication. The films are: Between the Eagle's Heads: Three Portraits of Toledo and The Route of the Eagle. Members and friends of the Advent are invited. Admission is free. The films will be shown in the Bartos Theater, Wiesner Building, 20 Ames Street, Cambridge.

Compline at the Advent-this Sunday, June 10, at 8 PM--join us for the ancient liturgy of Compline, preceded by Lucernarium, an evening service of lamp-lighting. We pray Compline on the second Sunday of every month at 8:00 PM in the nave.

Father Warren