Harold Rogers RIP

I just heard from my old tower at Kingston-on-Thames that Harold Rogers of Isleworth has passed.  He will be sorely missed – despite his many foibles!  He did indeed give me a second chance at ringing in 1999 after 20 years lapse.

Kerry

From: Kate Flavell [mailto:kateflavell f2s com]
Sent: Sunday, February 19, 2012 06:02

Dear all

We decided at this morning’s ringing that we would ring a special quarter this evening in memory of Harold Rogers of Isleworth, who died on Friday age 95.  Harold was a character, and very well-known all over London and well beyond.  Many of us are grateful to him and his late wife Olive for giving us the chance to learn and improve when we were young and green.  And when we were older as well!

Those who are in the quarter know who they are – we are meeting at 4.45 today.  There is thus no general ringing this evening.  And there is no practice on Wednesday as it is Ash Wednesday and there is a service in the church.  Next Sunday is normal ringing morning and evening – hope to see lots of you then!

Best wishes,

Kate