[Fwd: Ring Around Charleston]

--- Begin Message ---

Please share with the members of your tower/area.  Thanks.

Reminder!

Ring around Charleston will be held February 19th to 21st.  There will be ringing at all four Charleston towers and at all levels from rounds to surprise royal.  We will have strong ringers at every session.  We will also be attempting quarter peals, from doubles to royal, as requested.  We will do our best to accommodate everyone’s requests.

Special events:

  • Reception on Friday 7 to 9 at the Cathedral of St. Luke and St. Paul.  Hors d’oeuvres will be provided by the Charleston area ringers.
  • Low country dinner at Grace church on Saturday 7:00 drinks/7:30 dinner (typical cuisine of this area)
  • A visit to see the four Russian bells on Saturday midday at Holy Ascension Orthodox Church in Mt. Pleasant.  These bells are on a stand just outside the doors of the church, and are struck by ear-muffed ringers. Sign up at registration.
  • Ron Warford will lead a workshop on conducting.  1 hour classroom/1 hour tower The workshop aims at giving  guidance on how to conduct & states the responsibilities of a conductor.  Attendees should be ringing touches of bob doubles; attendance is limited.  Contact Rosalie Crouch.
  •  Special service at Grace Church celebrating the 10th anniversary of the bells on Sunday at 11.  A new hymn has been composed for the event, the readings will be by ringers and handbells will be in the service.

Do join us.  Registration is $15 and covers the Friday reception.  The Saturday dinner is $25.  Registration forms are on the NAGCR web site and also at http://www.gracechurchcharleston.org/content.cfm?id=2064.  Please register by February 13th.

For further information, do contact me at crouchrk musc edu.  It is 70 deg today!

Rosalie

--- End Message ---