Re: Home for Ringing Worlds

Thanks, Danielle.

It looks as though only five sets of them actually got soaked when the
downstairs water heater failed this morning.  These are mostly a
different set from the ones that got it when the boiler in the garage
blew up a few months ago.  They came through that pretty okay and were
conveniently, though neither coincidentally nor fortunately, already
located in the same room as the dehumidifier.  Soon they will be dry
as potato chips again.

I'm sorry, but our house is clearly not a safe place for these.  We
have now replaced the furnace, the water tank and the roof, however:
we live in a lake*.  In addition, it has been observed that they are
in violation of my personal rule that no matter how much junk I
collect I will never, ever , ever let it get to the point where I keep
stacks of old newspapers.

Perhaps someone has a dry walk-up attic?  I think the guild should
consider buying them a cheap bookcase.  Meanwhile, I will put them in
the back of my car when dry and take them back to the Advent.

                        Cally

*We were evicted from our 'ole inna ground